WINNING LAYOUTS

Tuesday, 26 May 2015

Off the Rails May Challenge

                              Latest Mood Palette


                                         Here is the challenge mood board for May at Off the Rails.




I was inspired by the butterflies and the sentiment, be kind to yourself. This is my mother enjoying the sunshine and strumming on a banjo. I only just found this photo recently and had never seen it before, it's a real classic, I just love it. Continuing with the outdoor theme, I used stamps,punches, handwriting, cotton, rub ons, metal embellishments (the bird in the nest I made myself) and layered on some butterfly stickers mounted on acetate. I based my colour scheme on the beige/brown tones and used the burgundy and blue as my accents.

Thanks for another great challenge  and thanks for looking!

6 comments:

  1. What a special photo! Great layout, I love those butterflies. Thanks for sharing with us at Off the Rails Scrapbooking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your vintage page And the photo is really special. Thank you for playing along with us at Off The Rails Scrapbooking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful photo, your layout compliments our mood board so well . Thanks for joining us at Off The Rails Scrapbooking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for joining the challenge at Off The Rails Scrapbooking. When you found the photo you found a treasure for sure! Great page!

    ReplyDelete
  5. fabulous design and colours.. thanks for playing along at OTRS

    ReplyDelete
  6. That photo is so awesome! How lucky you are to stumble on such an amazing treasure! I love how you have interpreted the board to theme your layout and those beautiful butterflies you have included are gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with us at OTRS. :)

    ReplyDelete