Beautiful Victorian image over at ASTastic this month.

Criteria is Vintage Style.
And here is my layout. I was inspired by the Victorian image and the soft green colour palette. I knew I had just the perfect photo for this, my ancestors taken in the Victorian era. Rather than the hard vintage style, I thought the image called for a soft Shabby Chic vintage effect. I achieved this style with the choice of p.paper, the stitching around the page, the layers of vellum, the sepia photo, the natural wood umbrella, the soft flowers, the raw corrugated cardboard, and some light distressed and scalloped edges.
Here are some close-ups showing my layering and details
I'm very happy with this layout, another one done for the family history album. Thanks for the challenge ARTastic, and thanks for looking at my page!
Your page is just beautiful, Regina. I love that little umbrella.......it's gorgeous. A great take on this month's challenge. Thanks for joining in with us at ARTastic.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful vintage layout Regina. I can see where you got your inspiration with the colour palette. What a amazing photo ! Thank you for sharing with us at ARTastic
ReplyDeleteMary
Just gorgeous Regina, this vintage layout is amazing. Thank you for sharing with us on ARTastic.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great family history page. I just love that beautiful photo. Thank you for entering the challenge at ARTastic.
ReplyDeleteCan soooo see how you've used our ARTastic image to create your gorgeous LO.....it's got a fabulous shabby chic look.....& that parasol! Perfect touch:):) Thanks for sharing with us this month:):)
ReplyDelete