WINNING LAYOUTS

Thursday, 9 April 2015

ARTastic April Challenge

                     April inspiration by Roy de Maistre called Frozen Music

 April inspiration by Roy de Maistre called Frozen Music

Criteria - Use swirls on your submission

Here is my Layout for the challenge. I got all messy with my gelatos (lots of fun) and mimicked the inspirational picture. I used a piece of cardboard so very cost effective. I thought it would be fun to show you how the background came together.
Firstly a few scribbles, I used pink yellow and 2 shades of blue.
 
 Then I sprayed on some water and moved the colours around with a paintbrush, making a couple of large swirls.  The 2 shades of blue combined with the yellow made a nice soft green.
Then a couple of crazy photos to go with the crazy colours, and a few minimal embellishments so as not to take away from the background.
 
I'm very happy with the result! Thanks ARTastic and thanks for looking.
 
 





7 comments:

  1. What a fabulous background you have created here! A gorgeous page. Thanks for joining in with us at ARTastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now who would have thought from just a few scribbles !! It all works so well Regina. Thank you for sharing with us on ARTastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cool, I would never have thought you made your background like that. And great inspiration from the painting too. The photos look fun and I love how your page reflects that. Thanks for joining us at ARTastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun layout and I love the Gelato swirls. Thanks for joining our challenge at ARTastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It really does look brill....& a great take on the painting! Love that banner in the corner, too! Thanks so much for joining us at ARTastic this month:):)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous background. Thanks for showing how this was done. .. a great technique that looks brilliant with your photos. This page is full of fun and I sense that you had a whole lot of fun doing it. Thank you for sharing at artastic. Cheers. Di

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome and very creative page Regina, I love the bright colours. Thank you for playing with us at ARTastic :)

    ReplyDelete