WINNING LAYOUTS

Wednesday, 29 October 2014

ARTastic October Challenge



This month over at ARTastic the inspirational image was a painting by  R.Godfrey Rivers. The critieria was to use a photo 30yrs ago or older, and a vintage design.
I have taken my inspiration from the colour of the Jacaranda tree in the painting, and used a water colour background as an ode to the Water Colour Artists. Incidentally, I  descend from John Glover, Tasmania. the famous landscape Artist.
I have used photos of myself taken over 30yrs ago (my how time flies) in Tasmania, my place of birth.
 
Thanks to the ARTastic team for another great challenge!
 
 
 

12 comments:

  1. Wow... this is stunning! I love the water colour background, just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on this months challenge - loving the background work and being from Tasmania, I do like the photo!!! Thanks for joining us at BW2

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your how you have used the inspiration. The purple background looks great. I love the tree. Thank you for joining in our challenge at ARTastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fantastic and colorful LO Regina, a great take on the challenge and I love the photo. Thanks for playing with us at ARTastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful take on this month's challenge. The water coloured background looks great. Thanks for joining in with us at ARTastic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have nailed the colour inspiration Regina, thanks so much for joining in at ARTastic and that is a bit special being a descended !
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your watercolour background. It is perfect for this month's challenge. The framing around the whole bridge photo is great and I love the touch of lace under the close-up photo of yourself. Thank you for joining in at ARTastic. Cheers, Di

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a bright, vibrant and cheerful layout! It certainly reflects the Jacaranda tree! Thanks for joining us at ARTastic this month!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the deep colour you have used Regina and the bridge photograph is awesome. A really great page. Thanks so much for joining in with us on ARTastic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful layout Regina. Love the background work and the vibrant colours. Thanks for taking on the challenge at ARTastic this month.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. love love that old photo . what a great challenge

    ReplyDelete